*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall themed parties will soon be upon us, and you’ll need a great pumpkin dip. Why not try a festive party dip that’s sure to please any pumpkin lover?
There are some who feel it’s a little too early to start sharing pumpkin recipes. Well, my answer to that is MOAR pumpkin recipes, of course. Kudos to you if you get the reference, if not, just pretend I typed more. Now, let’s move on to the real reason you have decided to visit us, the pumpkin dip. It’s creamy, sweet, and one of my favorite dessert dips.
Personally, I feel shortbread cookies make the perfect dipping items to enjoy this pumpkin themed sweet treat. With that being said, you can use whatever you like, from graham crackers to chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, use any dipper you desire.
Now, if you follow our blog, then you know we love dips! They are easy to prepare, delicious to devour and encourage people to mingle at parties. Everyone crowds around a great party dip. It’s kind of like the old water cooler at the office.
You can spend time chatting with friends while enjoying a great dish. No matter the style, you can’t go wrong with a well-made party dip. If you’re looking for something savory then check out some of the links below. In meantime, let’s get down to business!
This is a pretty simple dip to prepare, it only takes about three different steps from start to finish. Just make sure you get the cream cheese out of your fridge in time for it to soften. In fact, that happens to be the first step, and as you will see, there are only two more steps after that one.
Pumpkin Dip Instructions:
- First, remove the cream cheese from your fridge at least one hour before preparing the pumpkin pie dip. We usually let the cheese soften for an hour to cut down on mixing time. Otherwise, you’ll waste a lot of time whipping out all those little lumps of unmixed cream cheese.
- Next, combine the pumpkin pie spice, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, canned pumpkin, and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend them. You may notice in the video that Kim added the canned pumpkin last. That was a mistake, it should be added with everything, all at the same time. Don’t worry, we will be remaking the pumpkin dip video in the coming weeks to correct that issue.
- Last transfer the dip to a serving bowl, top with whipped cream, and use shortbread cookies, graham crackers, or pieces of cooked pie crust for dipping. That’s it, you’re done. It doesn’t get much easier than that to make a dessert. Due to the simplicity of the dish, it really is the perfect party dip. You can throw it together right before everyone arrives, if you’re the host, or just before you leave to go to the get-together. Either way, pumpkin lovers will not be disappointed.
Pumpkin Dip Tips:
- Not a fan of pumpkin, try it with sweet potatoes and reduce the sugar amount. We haven’t tried this ourselves, but since I enjoy sweet potato pie, I can imagine the substitution would work here, as well.
- When your mixing the ingredients, stop the mixer once and give the sides of the bowl a quick scrape with a rubber spatula. It will make sure that all those spices get well-combined with the rest of the pumpkin dip.
- If you feel the pumpkin dip is too heavy, then fold in some whipped cream. The addition of whipped cream will lighten the dish, both in color and texture.
Easy Pumpkin Dip
- 1 15 Ounce Can of Pumpkin
- 2 Cups Confectioner’s or Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 16 Ounce Packs of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 Can Ready Whip (optional)
- 1 Package Shortbread Cookies (or cookie of your choice)
- First, remove the cream cheese from your fridge at least one hour before preparing the dip.
- Next, combine the pumpkin pie spice, sugar, vanilla extract, salt, canned pumpkin and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and blend them.
- Last transfer the dip to a serving bowl, top with whipped cream, and use shortbread cookies, graham crackers, or pieces of cooked pie crust for dipping.