Lemon Blueberry Muffins – Plump, tender blueberries and tart lemons come together to make the ultimate Lemon Blueberry Muffins. They are soft, slightly sweet, and filled with fresh fruit.
Nothing says warm, beautiful weather quite like a fresh lemon blueberry muffin.
These breakfast muffins are one of my favorite breakfasts to make on the weekend, because there are always leftovers for the following days.
These lemon blueberry muffins come together quickly, are soft, and full of plump blueberries.
The lemon flavor is just enough to add a fresh, tartness without being overwhelming.
If you have some extra blueberries and are looking for a great breakfast or brunch idea, these blueberry muffins are a great option!
Another one of our Springtime favorites is this lemon blueberry bread. It’s similar to these lemon blueberry muffins, only in bread form, and it’s topped with a sweet glaze.
We decided to make these berry muffins gluten-free, and used a modified version of a King Arthur gluten-free muffin recipe. Here’s how we make ours!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
First, preheat oven to 375°F, wash and dry your blueberries, and line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
Then, blend the ingredients until the batter is smooth and creamy. Now, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest and grab a 1/3 cup measuring cup.
Use the 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour muffin batter into the muffin liners. Bake the lemon blueberry muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pressed into the center of a muffin.
Repeat the process until all the batter is gone. Serve immediately or save in an airtight container for up to three days.
Variations and Tips for Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
- Make sure to wash and pat dry your fresh blueberries. Extra moisture can mess up your recipe.
- Feel free to use frozen blueberries; however, make sure you thaw them out completely and pat them dry.
- Also, you can remove the blueberries and lemon juice and zest and use this recipe as a “base” for other fruit filled muffin concoctions.
- Make the lemon blueberry muffins into regular blueberry muffins by omitting the lemon zest and juice.
- If you don’t want gluten-free, switch the flour to all-purpose flour.
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups King Arthur Measure for Measure, (Gluten-free Mix)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, (Melted)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk, (Whole)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 8 ounces Fresh Blueberries, (Washed)
- First, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Next, In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries and the lemon zest.
- Then, blend the ingredients until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Now, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest and grab a 1/3 cup measuring cup.
- After that, use the 1/3 cup measuring cup to pour muffin batter into the muffin liners.
- Last, bake the lemon blueberry muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pressed into the center of a muffin. Repeat the process until all the batter is gone.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients. Actual calories may vary. Lemon blueberry muffins can be stored in an airtight container on your counter for up to three days.
We purchase the King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure for Measure Flour through Thrive Market.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g