Tender shrimp, garlic, and olives make this shrimp and pasta recipe light and flavorful. This simple, yet irresistible dish is done in less than 30 minutes.
Pasta has always been a staple in our house. If you took a peek into my pantry at this very moment, you'd find no less than five different boxes of noodles.
So, it should come as no surprise we're always trying to find new, delicious pasta recipes. That's how this dish came about.
John was working at a restaurant and learned to make a shrimp pasta similar to this one. After a few modifications, our shrimp and pasta recipe was added to the repertoire.
Now, we're excited to share it with you and can't wait for you to prepare it for others.
Can't get enough shrimp? Then, take a look at our grilled shrimp with chipotle sauce!
How to Make Our Shrimp and Pasta Recipe:
Cook the Pasta:
First, cook the pasta according to directions on the box. I like to use long pasta like spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair.
Be sure to cook it until al dente and drain reserving half a cup of pasta water. Set the pasta aside.
Make the Sauce:
First, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Then, add the garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Next, cook for mixture 1 minute until the garlic is tender and becomes fragrant. Now, add the shrimp and continue cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
The sauce is ready!
Begin by removing the pan from the heat and add the cooked pasta and chopped olives to the sauce and shrimp.
Then, toss ingredients together to combine. Add reserved pasta water one tablespoon at a time if pasta is too dry.
Last, serve immediately and enjoy! Try garnishes like parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.
Shrimp and Pasta Recipe Tips:
- Add chicken breast to create a flavorful shrimp and chicken pasta.
- Use a splash of white wine to deglaze your pan just before you add the pasta noodles.
- Serve the pasta with a splash of lemon juice for a fresh kick of citrus flavor.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 pound pasta, Similar to angel hair, cooked and drained with some of the pasta water reserved.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 to 6 green olives, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve about ½ cup of the pasta water.1 pound pasta
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.4 tablespoons olive oil
- Add garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes to the pan.3 garlic cloves1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cook for 1 minute until garlic is tender and fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Shrimp will become translucent and pink when done.1 pound shrimp
- Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta and olives and toss with garlic mixture to combine.5 to 6 green olives
- Add reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time if the pasta is too dry.