Homemade Caesar Dressing is creamy, garlicky, with Parmesan cheese in every bite. This dressing is SO EASY to make and only takes 10 minutes!
This homemade Caesar dressing is full of flavor without some of the common ingredients found in traditional Caesar salad dressing. We’ve made this dressing with no eggs and no whole anchovies. Instead we use anchovy paste that’s much easier to work with.
It whips up in minutes and has plenty of garlic and Parmesan cheese to add tons of flavor to any Caesar salad or chicken Caesar wraps.
How to make Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- Combine the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, Parmesan cheese, and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Place the dressing in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or serve immediately.
- The dressing will thicken as it cools.
Can you omit the anchovy paste?
How do you thin out the homemade Caesar dressing?
Homemade Caesar Dressing Tips:
- Either shredded or grated Parmesan cheese works. Our preference is to use finely grated off the block Parmesan cheese, not “shaker” or container cheese.
- Try using a garlic press to get the most flavor out of the garlic without having large chunks. Otherwise, finely mince the garlic.
- Go light on the salt. The cheese and anchovy paste add additional saltiness, so it’s easy to overdo it.
- A hand blender comes in really handy with this dressing. If you don’t want to use a whisk or don’t want small lumps from the garlic and cheese, use a hand blender to mix the ingredients.
Refrigeration: This Caesar salad dressing lasts about 4 to 5 days when kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this Caesar dressing.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese shredded off the block
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 Medium Garlic Cloves finely minced or pressed
- [1-1 1/2 Teaspoons Anchovy Paste (to taste)]
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until well incorporated.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 to 5 days.