A simple peppermint patty recipe bursting with fresh mint flavor. This seasonal treat is sure to be a hit in your household.
Over the last few weeks, we’ve shared a lot of dessert recipes; specifically, candy recipes.
Today, I’m proud to present you with this peppermint patty recipe. This candy is loaded with peppermint flavor!
How to make a peppermint patty recipe with no corn syrup:
First, line a large sheet pan with wax paper and set it aside. After that, grab your hand mixer.
Now, combine the powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract in a medium mixing bowl.
Next, dust a clean counter-top with powdered sugar. Dump the lump of filling onto the counter.
Use a rolling pin to roll out the mixture to 1/4-inch thickness. Afterward, use a biscuit cutter cut the filling into disk shaped patties.
Transfer the patties to your lined sheet pan. Place the pan into your fridge to chill for about 45-minutes.
Then, once the filling has set, grab a heat safe mixing bowl. Add the coconut oil and chocolate to the bowl.
Using your microwave, melt the chocolate and oil mixture on the high heat setting.
Just be sure to stir the ingredients every 10-20 seconds. Once the chocolate has melted, it’s time to dip the patties.
Kim used a fork to dip each peppermint patty into the chocolate. Afterward, she placed the patties back on the lined sheet pan.
When all the patties have been dipped, transfer them back to your fridge to chill for about 60-minutes. Last, remove them the fridge and serve! That’s it, your peppermint patty recipe is done.
Kim and I hope you enjoy them and wish you all the best this holiday season 🙂
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s:
- Feel free to decorate your homemade peppermint patties. You could drizzle them with extra chocolate, add sprinkles, or use your favorite candy decorations.
- We used semi-sweet chocolate; however, you could use dark chocolate or white chocolate instead.
- If you don’t have wax paper, then you could line the pan(s) with parchment paper or silicone mat(s).
How long will peppermint patties last?
Can I freeze peppermint patties?
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- ½ Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1-2 Teaspoons Peppermint Extract, depending on tastes
- 8 Ounces Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, use a hand mixer to combine the powdered sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract. A thick dough will form.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on a clean work surface and rolling pin. Roll out the dough to a ¼ inch thickness. Use a small biscuit cutter or something else small and circular, like a shot glass, to cut circles out of the dough until all the dough is used. Transfer the dough circles to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour to chill.
- After the dough chills, melt the chocolate. Place the chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 15 to 20 seconds, until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted.
- Use a fork to dip the dough circles into the melted chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate, and transfer the patties back to the baking sheet.
- Optional: Top the patties with an extra drizzle of chocolate, holiday sprinkles, or chocolate sprinkles.
- Transfer the peppermint patties back to the refrigerator to chill for another 30 minutes to an hour.. Store the peppermint patties in the refrigerator until ready to serve. They’ll stay good for about 4 to 5 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 2 peppermint patties. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 4gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.