*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A delicious pumpkin spice granola loaded with oats, nuts, maple syrup and cranberries and then lightly toasted in the oven.
Pumpkin spice granola has been a household favorite for years now. In fact, Kim’s been making it for almost a decade.
It’s become something of a tradition for Kim to bake up this snack as soon as the temperatures start to cool.
We originally shared the recipe almost 3 years ago and it’s popular from September through February.
There are only 7 ingredients needed to prepare this snack. Most of which can be easily found in the baking aisle of your local supermarket.
Kim and I chose to use our homemade pumpkin pie spice. Feel free to use that or a store-bought version, it’s up to you. Shall we get started?
How do I make pumpkin spice granola?
First, pre-heat your oven to 225° F.
After that, in a large mixing bowl combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup.
The dried cranberries won’t be added until the end.
Next, stir the ingredients. Be sure to break apart large clusters of nuts and oats. Otherwise, the pumpkin spice granola will not cook evenly.
If you prefer a softer granola, then try our homemade granola bars instead. They’re made with chocolate chips and honey.
Now, once you have the ingredients combined, spray a sheet pan with non-stick cooing spray.
Afterward, bake the granola in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove it from the oven, flip the ingredients, and place the pan back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
After that, turn off the heat, remove the sheet pan from oven and let it cool for about 5-minuets.
Last, toss the cranberries with the toasted granola and serve. Alternatively, you can let it cool completely and store it for later.
That’s it, your pumpkin spice granola is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- You can make this treat in advance and store it in decorative mason jars. Give it to family or friends as a homemade gift this holiday season.
- The granola will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If you want to change some of the nuts or fruit, you can. However, just keep in mind that any dried fruit must be added after the granola has toasted. Otherwise, the fruit will be dried out and inedible.
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- First, pre-heat your oven to 225 degrees F. After that, in a large mixing bowl combine the rolled oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup. Please don't add the dried cranberries yet! They do not have to bake, so they will be added last.
- Next, make sure to give the ingredients a good stir. Otherwise, things might clump together and get a little too crispy on the outside, but be mushy on the inside. If you like your granola made in that way, that's fine. Squishy insides are just not appealing to us.
- Finally, spray a non-stick sheet pan with cooking spray and bake the granola on 225 degrees F. in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. Then remove it from the oven, flip the toasted snack, place it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Once that step is completed, toss the cranberries with toasted granola and store or serve.
The calories listed are based on the ingredients in the recipe and a serving size of 1/4 cup. Actual calories may vary. Can be stored in a sealed container on your counter-top or in a cabinet for up to two weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 Ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 163mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.