A simple and sweet pumpkin spice filled cream puffs recipe that creates a bite-sized dessert perfect for dinner parties or family get-togethers.
We’ve all had those moments when we just want something a little sweet without overdoing it. Sometimes that can be a real challenge. A lot of dessert recipes these days take things a little too far.
Even our recipes, like our Peanut Butter Lover’s Pie, can be a bit much. In an effort to provide a reasonable alternative, we decided to share a handheld treat that satisfies your cravings for a light dessert.
Before I get into the details of our recipe, let me state, I know these aren’t real cream puffs. The name of this dish is nothing more than a play on one of the ingredients.
Since I used a puff pastry sheet for the dough, we used the term cream puffs in the title. I just wanted to get that clarification out of the way before the professionals correct me.
Getting back to the dish, pumpkin pie is the main flavor. In fact, the filling tastes just like a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top. That shouldn’t come as a surprise once you see the ingredient list.
There are only six ingredients you need to create this offering. The tricky part is injecting the puffs without destroying them.
Using a cupcake decorator with an injector tip is a great way to complete this step. The link to ours is listed below.
There aren’t any tips or tricks to this recipe. Simply take your time and make sure to let the puffs cool before injecting them.
Other than that, you shouldn’t have any issues making this one. In closing, I wish everyone a long life, love everlasting, and a tummy full of delicious treats!
Pumpkin Spice Filled Cream Puffs
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry (we used Pepperidge Farms)
- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered or Confectioner's Sugar
- First, remove the puff pastry from your freezer at least 30 minutes before starting the recipe. Also, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, after the pastry dough has partially unthawed, use a medium biscuit cutter to cut out approximately 12 circles of dough.
- After that, spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and place the pastries on the pan. Transfer them to the oven and let them bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Then, while the puffs cook, use a stand mixer or large bowl and hand mixer, to combine the heavy cream, pumpkin, spice mix, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Whip the ingredients together until they form a pumpkin flavored whipped cream.
- Last, wait for the puffs to cool (about 20 to 30 minutes), then inject the whipped filling to the puffed pastries. Serve fresh, storage of this dessert is not recommended.