Cheesy ravioli lasagna is simple to prepare and so delicious! Tender ravioli pasta layered with marinara, ground beef, and mozzarella cheese.
So, this recipe is new to us. Kim discovered it one day while checking on a keyword for the site.
Apparently, you can use ravioli pasta as lasagna noodles to create a whole new pasta dish.
Needless to say, we had to try it for ourselves. Personally, I prefer an alfredo ravioli lasagna.
But, for the purposes of sharing, we decided to keep it simple and use cheese raviolis and marinara.
If you’re curious about creating a different kind, like ravioli lasagna with ricotta cheese, then check out the tips below.
In the meantime, let’s get started on this simple weeknight pasta dinner.
How do you make ravioli lasagna?
First, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 2.5 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
A 9×9-inch baking dish should also work, if you don’t have a 2.5 quart dish.
Next, in a medium skillet placed over medium heat, combine the ground beef, onions, and garlic.
Let the meat cook until it’s completely browned and no pink remains.
Afterward, begin layering the lasagna. Start with 1/3 of the marinara sauce, then place half of the raviolis.
Now, sprinkle in half of the cooked beef mixture and 1/2-cup of the shredded mozzarella.
Then, repeat the layering process until all of the ingredients have been used.
After that, cover the pasta bake with aluminum foil and place it into the oven to bake 40-45 minutes.
When the timer goes off, remove the foil and return the dish to oven for another 10-minutes to finish cooking.
Last, remove the dish from your oven and serve hot.
That’s it, your ravioli lasagna is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
Recipe Tips and FAQ’s:
- Modifying this recipe is easy. For example, if you’d prefer a ricotta ravioli lasagna, simply buy raviolis with ricotta filling and substitute ricotta cheese for the mozzarella. You can pretty change whatever you want including the sauces, ravioli pasta variety, cheeses, etc.
- I recommend storing any leftovers in your fridge, in a sealed container. They should last for about 3 days.
- Be sure to grease the aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray. Otherwise, the cheese on top will stick to the foil when it’s removed.
Can you bake ravioli instead of boiling?
Absolutely, they can be used in baked casseroles and oven baked pasta dishes.
Do you have to boil frozen ravioli before baking?
No, you do not have to boil frozen ravioli before baking. With that being said, you will need to bake the dish long enough for the raviolis to thaw and cook until they’re completely done.
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef (We used 93/7.)
- ½ Cup White Onion, diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced or pressed
- 24 Ounces Marinara Sauce (1 jar)
- 25 Ounces Cheese Ravioli (frozen, 1 package)
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and grease a 2 ½ quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain the excess grease.
- Layer the lasagna beginning with a third of the marinara sauce, followed by half the ravioli, then half the beef, and ½ cup of cheese. Repeat the layering process, then top the lasagna with the remaining sauce and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the cheese. Top with grated parmesan cheese or fresh basil. Serve hot with garlic bread and a salad.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1-cup of the ravioli lasagna. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 891mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.