It’s summertime, and that means one thing – it’s time for milkshakes! This classic Strawberry Milkshake is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Fresh strawberries mixed with strawberry ice cream and milk for a creamy, fruity, and refreshing make a drink that is perfect for a hot day.
Easy Strawberry Milkshake
But one of our favorite ways to use strawberries is by making a thick and creamy strawberry milkshake! This recipe uses strawberry ice cream along with fresh strawberries for an intense strawberry flavor that transports you right to summer.
Blend it up with milk and you’ve got a sippable creamy dessert that’s perfect to enjoy at a summer BBQ or as a sweet and tasty dessert. So whether you’re looking for a refreshing summertime treat or a delicious dessert, this strawberry milkshake recipe is sure to hit the spot!
How To Make A Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
- Thoroughly wash the strawberries and cut off the stems. You can chop them into smaller pieces so they’re easier to blend.
- To a blender, add the prepared strawberries, ice cream, milk, and sugar if used.
- Pulse the blender to quickly break up the ingredients, then gradually bring the speed higher and blend until a smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses, then top with whipped cream and serve.
Strawberry Shake Tips
- Vanilla ice cream can be substituted for strawberry ice cream. It will decrease the strawberry flavor slightly, so you may want to increase the number of strawberries used.
- Frozen strawberries can be used, but they need to sit at room temperature for a few minutes until they begin to soften slightly. This makes them easier to blend into the ice cream.
- We used a “Slow Churn” variety of ice cream which makes for a thinner milkshake. For a thicker milkshake, use regular, full-fat ice cream.
- Adjust the amount of milk to make the milkshake as thick or as thinned out as you’d like.
- To make this recipe vegan, use a non-dairy ice cream and milk alternative such as cashew milk ice cream and oat milk.
- For an adult boozy version, add a shot of vodka or rum.
- Add other kinds of berries to the mix including raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries.
- Chocolate and strawberry is always a classic flavor combination. Add in some chocolate chips or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Storing and Freezing
Storing: This strawberry milkshake is best served immediately as it will begin to melt quickly.
Freezing: We don’t recommend freezing. This milkshake is best enjoyed immediately.
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream (approximately 8 scoops)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups milk (*See note)
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, optional
- Whipped cream, for topping
- In a blender, combine ice cream, milk, strawberries, and sugar (if using) until well blended.
- Pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream. Enjoy immediately.
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1 (8-ounce) milkshake. Actual calories will vary.
*For more information, tips, and answers to frequently asked questions, please refer to the post.
*The glasses in the photos hold about 16-ounces of liquid.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 11g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.