This cinnamon spiced slow cooker applesauce is simple and sweet. We used pantry staples to create a tasty snack your whole family will love!
A few years ago, Kim and I were in a recipe swap group. A blogger would create one of our recipes and we would create one of theirs.
One such occasion involved a slow cooker applesauce. It was such a tasty recipe back then and it's still tasty today.
Today's post was originally adapted from Aileen Cooks' crockpot applesauce recipe. We hope you love it as much as we do!
If you have a pressure cooker, you can make a similar sauce using our Instant Pot applesauce recipe.
Also, you don't have to use the same apples we used. As long as you have about 3.5 lbs. of apples, you should be good to go.
How to make applesauce in a slow cooker?
First, properly wash and dry the apples. After that, peel and core them.
Dice the apples into 1-inch pieces and place them into a large mixing bowl.
After that, gently toss the apples with lemon juice. Doing so, keeps the flavors fresh for days.
Next, toss the fruit with the cinnamon and sugar.
At this point, you can transfer the diced apples to your slow cooker.
Add the water and cook them on low heat for about 4-hours. Or, you can cook the applesauce on high heat for 2-hours.
Then, once the diced apples have cooked, turn off the heat and use a potato masher to mash the apples into a sauce.
Last, let the sauce cool and pour it into a container with a lid. The applesauce will hold in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to 3-days.
Kim and I hope you enjoy the slow cooker applesauce and we wish you all the best 🙂
Don't forget to check the website Aileen Cooks for more tasty recipe ideas!
- You don't have to use granulated sugar. Natural sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, and agave nectar will work in this recipe.
- Love Fall flavors, then consider adding ground nutmeg, clove, or even apple pie spice to the recipe.
- In a pinch refrigerated lemon concentrate will work in place of fresh lemon juice. However, I would only use 1-teaspoon instead of 1-tablespoon.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 3 fuji apples
- 5 gala apples
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup water, increase to 1 cup if needed
- Core, peel, and dice apples into 1 inch pieces. and place them in a large mixing bowl.3 fuji apples5 gala apples
- Toss apples with lemon juice, then toss apples with sugar, cinnamon, and salt.1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice½ cup granulated sugar½ teaspoon ground cinnamon¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the water and place mixture in crock pot and cook on low heat for 4 hours.½ cup water
- Once they're done cooking, mash the apples into an applesauce.
- Serve warm as a sauce or let cool and serve as a side.