Made with layers of ripe strawberries, plump blueberries, crunchy granola, and sweet whipped cream, our Strawberry Blueberry Granola Parfait is a dream. It's the perfect dessert to use up all those Summer berries!
Desserts are a big deal at our house, so there is also something sweet to munch on. My family loves single serving Mini Mason Jar Banana Puddings, Pumpkin Bread (a year round favorite), and gooey S'mores Bars.
However, one of my personal favorites is this strawberry blueberry granola parfait packed with fresh fruit, granola, and Homemade Whipped Cream. It's light, flavorful, and only takes a few minutes to prepare making it perfect for a quick dessert.
How to Make a Strawberry Blueberry Granola Parfait
- Start by making the homemade whipped cream. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment on low-medium speed to combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Place the whipped cream into the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Afterwards, place about 1 heaping tablespoon of granola in the bottom of each the glasses.
- Add a layer of diced strawberries into each glass followed by some whipped cream.
- Gently spoon in some fresh blueberries on top of the whipped cream. Then, sprinkle in some more granola and one final layer of whipped cream.
- Enjoy this fruit and granola parfait immediately as a light summer dessert!
Strawberry Blueberry Granola Parfait Tips and Variations:
- Swap out the whipped cream with your favorite flavor of yogurt. Vanilla, strawberry, blueberry or Greek yogurt are some great options.
- Use a nut free granola for a slightly less crunchy parfait. Or, for a bit more texture, choose a granola with chunks of almonds, walnuts, or pecans.
- Try adding other berries like raspberries, blackberries, or even cherries.
- Substitute our homemade whipped cream for your favorite store bought brand.
Storage: These strawberry blueberry granola parfaits are best enjoyed immediately. However, they can be stored for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
If storing the parfaits longer, keep the ingredients separate and assemble just prior to serving. Otherwise, the granola will begin to soften.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces granola
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- Use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on low-medium speed to combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 3-5 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.12 ounces heavy cream¼ cup powdered sugar½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place a heaping tablespoon of granola into the bottom of each of the four glasses.6 ounces granola
- Next, divide the diced strawberries between the glasses followed by some whipped cream. Use a spoon to add blueberries to each glass. Then, sprinkle on the remaining granola, and top off with the last of the whipped cream.12 ounces fresh blueberries12 ounces fresh strawberries
- Enjoy immediately. See post for storage options.