Homemade Strawberry Soda is a quick, cold, refreshing drink to banish those winter blues and bring you right into spring time! Made with only a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious thirst quenching beverage in under 5 minutes. No fancy soda machine needed!
We love making our own sodas and drinks here. There’s just something so fun about making your own custom drinks. Sodas are surprisingly simple, and this Strawberry Soda is no exception! A tall glass of ice, your favorite club soda, a splash of strawberry simple syrup, and a fresh strawberry on top… Give it a good stir, and you’re ready to relax.
Play with the ratio of each ingredient to get the perfect combination for your particular taste buds. For a sweeter soda, add more strawberry syrup. For something more crisp, add more club soda. Try adding a sprig of mint as a garnish or a splash of lemon or lime juice to add a citrusy twist to the sweetness!
Perfect for poolside, luxury by the lake, or cozy on the couch, Simple Strawberry Soda will be your new favorite libation. Homemade sodas are also great nonalcoholic options to serve at parties and events.
Include kids or non drinkers and make them feel like the rest of the crowd with their own colorful, fruity “mocktails”. All the flavor and effort without the alcohol. You can make a whole pitcher or individual drinks. And the best part is, you don’t need any special kitchen equipment.
How to Make Strawberry Soda
- First up, if you are making your own strawberry simple syrup, make sure that it is prepared and ready to use before mixing the soda.
- Take a tall glass and add the ice cubes, club soda, and strawberry simple syrup. Stir to fully combine.
- Pop in a straw and top with fresh strawberries as a garnish. Serve cold and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Seltzer water, tonic water, club soda, and sparkling water are all similar enough you can interchange them in this recipe. Ginger Ale or a lemon lime soda can be used as well but be aware that these will change the flavor of the soda and take away from the strawberry flavor. Not a bad combination, just no longer strictly strawberry soda.
- For a mixed berry flavor, try adding blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries along with sliced strawberries directly into the soda.
- Mint adds a sharp, refreshing flavor to the soda that pairs well with the sweet strawberries.
- Play with the ratio of syrup and club soda until you find what you like. Some prefer a sweeter soda with extra syrup, some prefer a lighter soda with more club soda.
Storage: We recommend enjoying this drink right away. However, if making a pitcher to serve at a gathering, mix the club soda and strawberry syrup until you get your preferred ratio. When ready to serve, pour into individual glasses over ice then garnish with the fresh strawberries.
Thirsty For More? Try One Of Our Other Refreshing Drink Recipes:
Strawberry SodaPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- ½ cup ice
- 6 ounces club soda
- 2 ounces strawberry simple syrup adjust to taste
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- Place ice, club soda, and strawberry simple syrup into a tall glass. Stir to combine.½ cup ice6 ounces club soda2 ounces strawberry simple syrup
- Add a straw and fresh strawberries if desired. Serve cold.fresh strawberries