*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
Key lime cheesecake dip has fluffy whipped cream cheese infused with tangy key lime juice to make the ultimate dipping dessert.
Okay, gals and guys, be gentle. Today marks my first official recipe posting with almost no assistance.
Usually, Kim and I split up the work, so one person doesn’t get overwhelmed. However, Kim is a hard-working wife, and she deserves a break from time to time. So, I took the liberty of doing almost everything for today’s cheesecake dip.
I prepared the cheesecake dip, staged the photo shoot, and even took the pictures. Kim still did the editing on the pictures, but that was it.
The rest was all me. Now that you know why something is “off.” Oh, if you like this dessert dip, then try our smores dip recipe!
This dip is perfect for parties or a fun family dessert. There are only a few ingredients and preparing it is a simple process. It uses fluffy whipped cream cheese, vanilla, powdered or confectioner’s sugar, sour cream, and key lime juice.
The graham crackers are for dipping and sprinkling over the top of the dessert. I wouldn’t recommend mixing the ground up crackers into the dish as they might become mushy.
The flavors are a mixture of sweet and tart and texture is creamy. You can pull the cream cheese out in advance, but it’s not necessary, it mixes just fine straight from the fridge. How about we get started?
How to Make Key Lime Cheesecake Dip:
- Start by grinding up the graham crackers in a food processor for the garnish, if you decide to use them.
- Next, in a stand mixer or using a large mixing bowl and hand mixer, combine the cream cheese, powdered or confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, sour cream, and key lime juice.
- Mix the cheesecake dip on low to start for approximately 1 minute. Do I really have a reason for this? Well, I found that by adding the extra minute on low, it seems to make the dip creamier.
- After the minute has passed, turn the mixer up to medium and continue blending the dessert for another minute. It should be fluffy looking and smooth. It won’t look like whipped cream, but the texture should at least look light and airy.
- Remove it from the mixing bowl and transfer it to a dish. Once we had garnished the cheesecake dip with ground crackers, we used the remaining graham crackers for dipping, but you can be creative and use whatever you like.
- The dessert will easily serve 6 people and can be stored in your fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container. As always, I wish you a long, healthy life, love everlasting, and a tummy full of delicious food.
**Pictures updated on 4/27/2019**
Want even more key lime recipes?
Then take a look at these!
- Fruity Pebbles Funfetti Cupcakes with Key Lime Buttercream
- Key Lime Fudge
- Key Lime Martini
- Key Lime Pie
Sweet N Tart Key Lime Cheesecake Dip
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese softened (optional)
- 1 Ounce Graham Crackers ground for garnish
- 1 2/3 Cups Powdered Sugar or Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Key Lime Juice
- 1 Dash Green Food Coloring optional
- Grind the graham crackers using a food processor.
- In a stand mixer or using a mixing bowl and hand mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered or confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract, sour cream, and key lime juice.
- Mix ingredients on lowest setting for 1 minute.
- Increase mixing speed to medium and continue blending dip for an additional minute or until mixture is fluffy and creamy.
- Fold in green food coloring if you choose to add it to the dessert.
- Transfer dip from mixing bowl to serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the dip with ground graham crackers and serve with remaining graham crackers for dipping.