**This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.**
Ultimate BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers will take center stage at your next barbecue. These bacon cheeseburgers start out with Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns.
Each patty is grilled to perfection then topped with all your favorite fixings like lettuce, tomato, purple onion, and cheese.
We made this burger the ultimate by adding crispy bacon and a sweet barbecue sauce. BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers will easily become a family favorite!
Grilling is something we’ve enjoyed doing for as long as I can remember. Back when we lived in a house, we were able to have a propane and charcoal grill and used both frequently.
However, since moving around to different condos and apartments over the last ten years, grilling has been out of the question. Most apartment communities won’t allow grilling on the premises.
That doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy an awesome bacon cheeseburger every once in a while. A stovetop griddle does a great job at mimicking an outdoor grill but with the convenience of indoor cooking.
For the ultimate indulgence, try topping the burger with a little pulled pork! With the summer months fast approaching, we decided to start “grilling” more, and, of course, burgers were on the menu.
Before busting out the handy griddle, we had to shop for the best ingredients. First is choosing the right bun.
Any ol’ bun wasn’t going to work for these BBQ bacon cheeseburgers. We needed buns that would hold up to weight and all the toppings.
Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns are made for these kinds of burgers. They’re soft, flavorful, yet hearty enough to hold up to all the ingredients.
Next is the meat. We chose pre-made hamburger patties. Let’s face it, making hamburger patties by hand isn’t difficult, but when you want to save time, pre-made patties work great!
Now it’s time to choose the toppings! This is the fun part because it gives you the opportunity to make the cheeseburger however you’d like.
Some of our favorites are romaine lettuce, purple onion, thick-sliced tomato, and sliced cheddar cheese. Don’t forget the bacon!!
Two pieces of crispy bacon turn this basic cheeseburger into a tasty bacon cheeseburger! Here’s where you can truly be unique. Choose your BBQ sauce!
Do you prefer sweet or vinegar based? Maybe somewhere in between?
Regardless of what you like, add your favorite, and you’ve got an ultimate BBQ bacon cheeseburger.
Tips for making an awesome BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger:
- A good burger starts with good ingredients. Not only do the meat and veggies need to fresh, but the bun has to be cheeseburger worthy. No one likes a soggy, thin hamburger bun. We like Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns. There are so many flavors to choose from, but the potato is our favorite for these BBQ bacon cheeseburgers. Potato buns, not your thing.
- Don’t press on the burgers as they cook. You’ll lose all those tasty juices and end up with a dry burger. Just let the meat cook, and don’t touch it unless it’s ready to be flipped.
- If you aren’t purchasing pre-made patties, be sure to season the meat. We like to season our hamburger meat with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and a touch of Worchestire Sauce.
- For a juicier BBQ bacon cheeseburger, use a hamburger meat with a higher fat content. Meat that’s 80/20 works well.
We hope that you enjoy these BBQ bacon cheeseburgers as much as we do. Be sure to give Pepperidge Farm® Hamburger Buns a try. They are a great match for these burgers.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Homemade Hamburgers
- Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
- Mini Meatloaves
- Marinara Meatball Sub Sandwich
- Juicy Lucy
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 16 ounces ground beef patties, 4 (4-ounce) patties
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices bacon, pre-cooked
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup barbecue sauce, any variety
- First, start by prepping all of your condiments, like tomatoes, pickles, onions, etc. Also, go ahead and cook your bacon strips and set them aside.
- Next, preheat your BBQ grill or indoor griddle and season your patties with the salt and pepper.16 ounces ground beef patties¼ teaspoon kosher salt⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Then, use your grill or griddle to toast the buns.4 hamburger buns
- After that, cook the beef patties for 4-6 minutes on each side depending on how you like your burgers cooked.
- Last, build the burger and top the beef with the cheddar cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, and any other types of condiments you enjoy.8 slices bacon4 slices sharp cheddar cheese½ cup barbecue sauce