Our homemade white hot chocolate recipe only uses 4-ingredients to create a decadent hot chocolate that’s sure to please any chocolate lover!
Oh man, who doesn’t love a warm cup of hot chocolate? Well, I’m sure someone out there would pass on it. But, I wouldn’t. Especially, a sweet, homemade cup of white hot chocolate topped with whipped cream!
As you can see from the photos, that’s exactly what we’re sharing today. A quick and simple, white hot cocoa recipe. When I say quick and simple, I mean it. The list of optional toppings is longer than the ingredient list.
How to Make White Hot Chocolate:
First, place a large saucepan over low heat. Pour in the milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
Next, stir in the white chocolate chips. Once the chocolate has melted and the mixture starts to steam, turn off the heat.
Then, transfer the mixture to a mug. At this point, your hot cocoa is technically done.
However, if you’re like us, then you have to add some toppings. Below is a list of our favorites.
What are the best hot chocolate toppings?
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate shavings (semi-sweet, dark, or white)
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet, dark, or white)
- Crushed Nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.)
- Chocolate Syrup (dark or white)
Last, once the hot chocolate has been topped, serve and enjoy.
That’s it, your white hot chocolate recipe is done! Kim and I hope you like it and wish you all the best 🙂
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, and vanilla over low heat. Stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted and the ingredients begin to steam but not boil.
- Pour into 4 serving cups, and add your favorite toppings.
- Serve immediately!
- Optional Toppings: Whipped Cream, White Chocolate Shavings, Sprinkles, Marshmallows
*The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of about 1-cup of the white hot chocolate. Furthermore, the calorie count does NOT include any optional toppings. Actual calories will vary.
*Leftovers can be stored, in your fridge, in a sealed container for up to 3-days. For more information, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 543Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 0gSugar: 36gProtein: 10g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.