Slow cooker hot chocolate doesn't get any easier than this. We even used chocolate chips and heavy cream to create a rich hot cocoa everyone will love!
For today's recipe, we're sharing our slow cooker hot chocolate recipes. Just like the name says, it's a simple hot cocoa prepared in a slow cooker or crockpot.
This warm, sweet treat was created for people who want delicious hot chocolate without having stand over their stove top.
How to make hot chocolate in a slow cooker?
First, start by prepping your ingredients. You know, open the packages and grab the measuring cups and spoons.
Next, dump everything into the slow cooker. That's right, just measure and pour.
Then, plug in the cooker and let the cocoa cook on low for two to three hours.
Just be sure to stir it every 30 minutes to keep the chocolate chips from sticking and burning.
Last, once the drink is done cooking, simply serve it with your favorite toppings, like one of our flavored whipped creams.
That's it, your slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the beverage and wish you all the best 🙂
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Tips:
- When stirring the drink, as it cooks, be sure to scrap the bottom of the cooker. Otherwise, the chocolate chips will melt and stick.
- To reduce the calories and fat in the dish, you can use 8 cups of milk and omit the heavy cream.
- In order to reduce the sugar in the cocoa, you can substitute a sweetener in place of the condensed milk. However, you should be aware that doing so will change the flavor and texture of the beverage.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk, 1 can
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.6 cups whole milk2 cups heavy cream1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips14 ounces sweetened condensed milk⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally to ensure the chocolate chips don’t burn.
- Serve hot with your favorite garnishes.