Slow cooker hot chocolate doesn’t get any easier than this. We even used chocolate chips and heavy cream to create a rich hot cocoa everyone will love!
For today’s recipe, we’re sharing our slow cooker hot chocolate recipes. Just like the name says, it’s a simple hot cocoa prepared in a slow cooker or crockpot.
This warm, sweet treat was created for people who want delicious hot chocolate without having stand over their stove top.
How to make hot chocolate in a slow cooker?
First, start by prepping your ingredients. You know, open the packages and grab the measuring cups and spoons.
Next, dump everything into the slow cooker. That’s right, just measure and pour.
Then, plug in the cooker and let the cocoa cook on low for two (2) to three (3) hours.
Just be sure to stir it every thirty (30) minutes to keep the chocolate chips from sticking and burning.
Last, once the drink is done cooking, simply serve it with your favorite toppings, like one of our flavored whipped creams.
That’s it, your slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy the beverage and wish you all the best 🙂
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Tips:
- When stirring the drink, as it cooks, be sure to scrap the bottom of the cooker. Otherwise, the chocolate chips will melt and stick.
- To reduce the calories and fat in the dish, you can use eight (8) cups of milk and omit the heavy cream.
- In order to reduce the sugar in the cocoa, you can substitute a sweetener in place of the condensed milk. However, you should be aware that doing so will change the flavor and texture of the beverage.
Hot Cocoa Toppings:
- Flavored Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Topping
- 6 Cups Whole Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk, (one ((1)) can)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Add milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 2-3 hours stirring occasionally to ensure the chocolate chips don’t burn.
- Serve hot with your favorite garnishes.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients and a serving size of three-fourths (3/4) of a cup of the hot cocoa. Additionally, the calorie count does NOT include the marshmallows seen in the photos. Actual calories will vary. The hot chocolate can be stored in a sealed container, in your fridge, for up to three (3) days.
**Make sure when stirring the hot chocolate that you get to the very bottom of the slow cooker. The chocolate chips have a tendency to sink and can stick to the bottom and burn if it’s not stirred well.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 0.75 Cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 16gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 8g