Our crab stuffed mushrooms recipe features velvety mushrooms filled with a savory crab, onion, and green pepper filling. They cook to a perfect golden brown in 25 minutes.
What a busy week this has been! It seems like I have been around the world and back, while in actuality, I’ve only been on a couple of business trips. It’s the perfect time to reward myself with a delicious crab stuffed mushrooms recipe.
This is my husband’s favorite crab stuffed mushroom appetizer. They’re full of seafood flavor and the stuffing in the perfect blend of crispy and creamy. Let’s get started so you can try this crab stuffed mushroom recipe for yourself.
How to Make Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- First, gather all your ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Second, prepare a cast iron skillet or 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Third, chop the mushrooms stems to add to the stuffing.
- Afterward, combine mushroom stems, butter, onion, fish or seafood seasoning, salt, crab meat, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Then, mix all the ingredients for the crab stuffed mushrooms recipe until well combined. Feel free to use your hands or a spatula. Either way, just make sure everything is properly mixed.
- Now, using a spoon fill each mushroom cap, rounding off the top.
- After that, lightly spray tops of stuffed mushrooms to assist with browning.
- Last, place pan in the oven for 25 minutes or until filling is golden brown.
- Remove them and serve immediately. Storage is not recommended as the mushrooms could become soggy.
Tips for the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
- Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and increase the butter to 3 tablespoons to create a gluten-free recipe.
- The recipe has not been tested with imitation crab meat, use at your own risk.
- Spray the tops of the mushrooms with non-stick spray to create a crispy topping.
If you love mushrooms, don’t forget to check out these other great recipes:
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 large mushrooms (Stems can be reserved for filling, rinsed with stems and cores removed)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Similar to Old Bay.)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces lump crab meat (canned or fresh if available)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cast iron skillet or 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- If using the mushrooms stems, chop into small pieces.
- Combine mushroom stems, butter, onion, seafood seasoning, salt, crab meat, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon fill each mushroom cap, rounding off the top.
- Lightly spray tops of stuffed mushrooms to assist with browning.
- Place pan in the oven for 25 minutes or until filling is golden brown.
- Remove and serve immediately.