Easy to make Strawberry Milk is no longer just a childhood indulgence. Make a glass (or two) with flavorful strawberry simple syrup and your favorite milk or non dairy alternative. Stir and sip, it’s as simple as can be!
Homemade Strawberry Milk
Once again, strawberry season is upon us! From farmer’s markets to side of the road stands to local grocery stores, everyone’s favorite berry is everywhere! If you’re like us, we tend to end up with more strawberries than we know what to do with.
If you saw our Strawberry Simple Syrup post, you know that you can make your own flavored syrup to use up some of those berries and now you can use that syrup to make your very own Homemade Strawberry Milk. Fruity and creamy, this delicious drink is so much better than those premade cartons you got during school lunch.
This recipe uses freshly made simple syrup instead of a flavored powder to create a rich tasting drink that isn’t just for the kiddos. Although it may soothe your own inner child! Make a glass in the morning or as an afternoon snack and enjoy.
How to Make Strawberry Milk
- In two glasses, pour in the strawberry syrup. Add the milk of your choice and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Taste the strawberry milk and add additional strawberry simple syrup if desired.
- Enjoy immediately while nice and cold!
Tips and Variations
- The prep time does not include the time it takes to make the strawberry simple syrup. It should be prepared ahead of time and cooled so you can mix the drink immediately.
- The color of the strawberry syrup will determine the color of the strawberry milk. It can range from bright pink to a light purple color.
- Making your own strawberry simple syrup is super easy, we break it down for you in our Strawberry Simple Syrup post!
- While you can use any milk you prefer, whole milk will give the richest taste. Adding a splash of half and half or a heavy cream will make this drink even more indulgent!
- If you choose a sweetened plant based milk (like sweetened almond or oat milk) you may want to start off with less simple syrup so your drink isn’t too sickly sweet. You can always add more to get the perfect ratio as you taste.
Storage: We don’t recommend storing this drink more than a few hours. It’s best when enjoyed immediately. We also don’t recommend freezing this drink as separation of the milk and syrup may occur.
Strawberry MilkPrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 6 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup or to taste
- 16 ounces milk any variety
- Divide the strawberry syrup between two glasses. Pour in milk, and stir to combine.6 tablespoons strawberry simple syrup16 ounces milk
- Taste and add additional strawberry simple syrup if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.