A crunchy, creamy tater tot casserole made with simple ingredients like crispy tots, sweet corn, and gooey cheddar cheese!
In our household, I’m the casserole fan. Kim doesn’t care for them as much as I do.
One of my favorite casseroles is our cheesy hash brown casserole made with frozen hash browns.
Today, we’re adding to our list of dinner options with this tater tot casserole made with frozen tater tots.
The filling is easy to prepare and uses canned ingredients. Also, you can make our casserole without canned soup.
Simply use this cream of chicken soup substitute instead. Beyond that, I can’t think of any issues you might run into.
So, shall we get started?
How to make tater tot casserole with green beans?
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Next, place a large skillet over medium heat. Combine the ground beef, onions, salt, and pepper.
Cook the ingredients until the beef is browned. Drain away the excess grease.
After that, stir in the cream of chicken soup, green beans, and corn.
Increase the heat and let the mixture cook until the soup bubbles. Once that happens, turn off the heat.
Then, transfer the beef mixture to your prepared casserole dish. Afterward, top it with the cheddar cheese.
The cheddar will add a cheesy, creamy layer to the casserole.
At this point, you can start topping the cheese with tater tots.
Make sure to completely cover the cheddar cheese with tots. Otherwise, it may overcook.
Last, bake the potato casserole with 25-30 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 12-minutes before serving.
That’s it, your tater tot casserole with green beans is done! Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- For crispy tots, I recommend letting them thaw a little before placing the tots on top of the dish.
- You can use frozen corn and green beans for this recipe. However, they’ll need to be thawed and drained before adding them to the skillet.
- If you cut the casserole without letting it cool, it will fall apart.
Other casserole recipes you may enjoy:
Don’t forget to check out our Tater Tot Casserole web story!
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef (We used 93/7.)
- ¼ Cup White Onion, diced
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 10.5 Ounces Cream of Chicken Soup (1 can)
- 15 Ounces Sweet Kernel Corn, (1 can, drained)
- 14.5 Ounces Can Green Beans, 1 can, drained)
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 32 Ounces Tater Tots (1 bag, frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Set aside
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, salt, pepper, and onion until no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Add the cream of chicken soup, corn, and green beans. Increase the heat until the mixture bubbles, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the beef mixture to the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Place the tater tots in an even layer over the cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 until the tater tots are cooked through and the filling is bubbly. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The calories listed are an approximation based on the ingredients in the recipe card and a serving size of 1-cup of the tater tot casserole. Actual calories will vary. For more information and tips, please refer to the post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 769mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
*The calories are an estimate and are based on the ingredients and serving size listed. The calories can vary depending on the brand of product purchased.