This chicken Doritos casserole features tender shredded chicken, crispy Doritos chips, and gooey melted cheese!
Until recently, we had never heard of this recipe. Apparently, it’s quite popular.
In fact, there are tons of variations on the casserole. So, Kim decided to adapt one and share it with our readers.
The inspiration for our chicken Doritos casserole was originally on All Recipes. You can find it by clicking this link.
The dish isn’t hard to make. You only need a few canned ingredients and some shredded chicken and cheese.
All in all, it takes about 40-minutes to prepare. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner for a large family.
Shall we get started?
How to make chicken Doritos casserole?
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
Next, crush the tortilla chips and sprinkle them into the bottom of the baking dish. This will be the crust for the casserole.
Afterward, grab a medium sized mixing bowl. Open the canned ingredients and start adding them to the bowl.
Now, use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to combine the shredded chicken, condensed soup, corn, 1-cup of the cheese, salsa, sour cream, and green chiles.
Then, pour the chicken mixture (filling) over the crushed chips. Evenly spread the filling out using a spoon.
After that, place the casserole into the oven (uncovered) and let it bake for about 20-minutes.
Once the chicken casserole has baked for 20-minutes, remove it from the oven and top it with the remaining cheese.
Last, return the dish back to the oven to bake for another 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
That’s it, your chicken Doritos casserole is done! Remove it from the oven and serve warm.
Kim and I hope you enjoy it and wish you all the best 🙂
- Rotisserie chicken works perfectly in this recipe. Buy it pre-cooked and bring it home to shred.
- You could substitute canned Rotel tomatoes and green chiles in place of the salsa. The other green chiles listed in the recipe are optional.
- If you only use half the chips for the crust, you could then top the casserole with the remaining crushed Doritos for even more crunch.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. It will hold together a little better.
Chicken Doritos CasserolePrint Save Saved! Pin
I earn a commission from Amazon and Instacart from qualifying purchases.
- 14 ½ ounces Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips crushed
- 1 pound pre-cooked chicken shredded or cubed (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup two (10 ½ ounce) cans
- 15 ¼ ounces golden sweet corn one can, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups fiesta blend cheese shredded and divided
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 7 ounces green chiles 1 can, diced and drained
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the crushed chips over the bottom of the baking dish.14 ½ ounces Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, cream of chicken soup, corn, 1 cup of cheese, salsa, sour cream, and green chiles. Pour the mixture over the crushed chips.1 pound pre-cooked chicken21 ounces cream of chicken soup15 ¼ ounces golden sweet corn1 cup salsa8 ounces sour cream7 ounces green chiles
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then top with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot with a side salad. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.