Our pumpkin spice creamer has all the seasonal flavors you've grown to love! Best of all, you can make it at home with a few simple ingredients.
Fall is here, and we're right in the thick of it. If you're like me, you can't get enough of the quintessential Fall flavors. This is especially true when it comes to pumpkin spice, and it's even more true if we're talking about pumpkin spice creamer.
It's rich, creamy, sweet and full of all the warm flavors of Fall. Of course, you can purchase a quart of this liquid goodness at your favorite supermarket... if you can find it in stock. Or you can make your own from scratch, and enjoy a hot cup of sweet, creamy coffee anytime alongside a pumpkin spice muffin, slice of pumpkin cake or pumpkin roll.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Spice Creamer:
- Heavy Cream: Makes a rich creamy base for this creamer.
- Pumpkin Puree: Gives this creamer authentic pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: An easy way to add warming spices to the creamer. Try our pumpkin pie spice for a homemade version.
- Vanilla: Adds subtle vanilla flavor and enhances other flavors in the recipe.
- Salt: Brings out the sweetness in the creamer.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Packs a punch of creamy sweetness that blends effortlessly without having to wait for granules to dissolve like sugar.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Creamer:
- Heat ½ cup heavy cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk until well combined.
- Heat just until warm, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining 1 ¼ cups heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Enjoy in your favorite cup of coffee, or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Tips and Variations:
- We recommend chilling the creamer for at least an hour before using. This gives the flavors a chance to meld together and the spices enhance the flavor of the creamer. However, it's perfectly fine to use the creamer immediately if desired.
- Swap out the pumpkin pie spice for a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Don't have a can of sweetened condensed milk in the pantry? Use granulated sugar, brown sugar, or maple syrup instead. You'll want to be sure it's added to enough warm heavy cream to dissolve properly.
- We prefer pumpkin puree over pumpkin pie filling, because it allows us to adjust the amount of sweetness and spice. Pumpkin pie filling will work in a pinch. Just adjust the sweetness and spices to taste.
- Milk, half and half, or milk alternative may be used in place of heavy cream.
How do you make pumpkin creamer dairy-free?
Substitute the heavy cream for full fat coconut milk or your favorite dairy-free milk alternative, and use sugar or maple syrup for the sweetner.
Refrigerator: Pumpkin Spice Creamer should be refrigerated in a sealed container and used within 7 days.
Freezer: We do not recommend freezing this creamer.
Recipe Card with Ingredient Amounts and Instructions
- 1 ¾ cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- In a small saucepan, combine ½ cup heavy cream, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Heat over low heat just until warm, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.2 tablespoons canned pumpkin purée2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the remaining 1 ¼ cups heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- See post for storage options.