*This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.
A simple step-by-step pepperoni rolls recipe with photos! Spicy pepperonis covered in cheese, rolled up, and baked into a chewy pizza crust.
Today is Friday and for some people, that means pizza night! However, with everything that’s going on, delivery might not be an option.
So, instead of dining on frozen pizzas, why not try something a little different? Our pepperoni rolls recipe is the perfect substitution.
Now, you have two options for preparing this delicious dish. You can use homemade pizza dough or store-bought dough.
While you can use store-bought (canned) dough, please be aware the final product may look and feel different.
- Store bought pizza dough is stickier and may create a crunchy crust.
- Also, it may not roll out as thinly as homemade dough and it may stick to the rolling pin.
How to make pepperoni rolls?
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F., grab a large baking sheet (or 2 smaller baking sheets), and your parchment paper.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the pans with cooking spray and roll the dough out on your counter (dust the area lightly with flour first).
Next, divide the dough into 2 equal-sized balls. After that, grab a rolling pin and roll the dough into a rectangle.
The pepperoni roll dough should be about 1/2-inch thick and the rectangle should by about 10×15-inches.
Then, when the dough is rolled out, add an even layer of pepperonis (about 1/2 lb).
Afterward, roll out the second ball of dough and add pepperonis to it too.
- At this point, both rectangles of dough should be evenly covered in spicy pepperoni slices.
- Use the photo above as a reference.
Now, you’re ready to cover the meat with shredded cheese. Sprinkle 6-ounces of cheese over the pepperonis.
The cheese doesn’t have to go to the edges of the roll. It will melt and spread out as the pepperoni bread bakes.
Repeat the process on the other rectangle. It’s time to make a pizza roll-up!
Starting on the left side and moving right, tightly roll the rough.
- Just before you reach the other side, tuck in the ends (towards the center) and finish the roll.
After that, repeat the rolling process on the other rectangle and transfer the rolls to your baking sheet(s).
Last, place the pan(s) into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
Remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before slicing the spicy, cheesy rolls.
Kim and I hope you enjoy this dish and we wish you all the best 🙂
Join our Facebook group for more recipes from Berly’s Kitchen, our new site More Than Meat and Potatoes, and some of our blogger friends!
- 2 Lbs. Pizza Dough, (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Lb. Pepperoni Slices
- 12 Ounces Parmesan cheese, (or any cheese you love)
- Preheat the oven to 400° degrees F.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions, and place each dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Roll each piece of dough into a rectangle slightly smaller than 10 inches x 15 inches. The dough shouldn’t be thicker than ½ inch thick. Place half the pepperonis on one piece of dough in an even layer, then repeat on the second rectangle of dough. Divide the shredded cheese in half and sprinkle over each rectangle of dough and pepperonis.
- Roll each rectangle starting with the longer side, making sure to roll tightly and tuck in the ends as you roll. Use a sharp knife or bread lame to cut several slashes in the dough. Carefully transfer the dough and parchment paper to a large baking sheet. (Apply an egg wash if using.)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, add butter if desired, and allow to cool before slicing and serving.
The calories shown are an approximation based on the listed ingredients and a serving size of 2 slices of the pepperoni rolls when they have been cut into 24 equal sized slices. Actual calories will vary.
Egg Wash (optional)
1 Egg + 1 Tablespoon Water
To make a shiny brown exterior on the crust, combine the egg and 1 tablespoons of water. Use a pastry brush to apply the egg wash to the unbaked pepperoni roll.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 2 Slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 833mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g